- BFF Home
- About Us
- Life Truths
- RSS Feed
The Bible Teacher's Commentary
Romans 8:12-25 Bible Study: Led By the Spirit shows the magnificent work in the Christian believer once he becomes a child of God through the work of the Spirit of God.
1. What are Christians not obligated to do (Romans 8:12)? State that in your own words.
2. What is the end result of a person who lives by the principles and power of the flesh (Romans 8:13)?
3. What happens when one lives by the Spirit (Romans 8:13)?
4. Christians not only have the Spirit of God (Romans
8:9) but also are “___________________” by the Spirit of God and as a result are called the sons of God. (Please fill in the blank from Romans 8:14.)
5. What happens when people are driven by a spirit of slavery (Romans 8:15)?
6. What happens when people are driven by a spirit of sonship (Romans 8:15)?
7. From Romans 8:16 share what the Spirit does in the hearts of Christians?
8. Write in the progression of thought Paul makes in verse 17.
If we are children, then we are “ _________________,
and because of this we are “_____________________.”
9. What pattern of Christian living is mentioned in the latter part of Romans 8:17?
10. Describe both the sufferings and the glories that are mentioned in Romans 8:18. See below.
“_______________sufferings are not worthy comparing
with the glory that _____________________________.”
11. What is waiting for the sons of God to be revealed (Romans 8:19)?
Order the Book of Romans: Bible Studies in digital or paperback!
You can download the whole Roman's commentary in eBook (regular print size - pdf).
12. Why is it so expectantly waiting (Romans 8:20)?
13. Like the end of a beautiful novel, share how this world’s story will end (Romans 8:21)?
14. How does Romans 8:22 amplify the phrase in Romans 8:20 “creation was subjected to frustration”?
15. Who else besides the creation is groaning and anticipating the liberation of God’s children (Romans 8:23)?
16. Why does hope accurately characterize a Christian’s life on earth (Romans 8:24-25)?
17. Will we have hope in heaven (Romans 8:24-25)?
18. List at least two changes you desire to take place in your life because of these verses:
Bonus questions on Romans 8:12-25
|Order the Romans Bible study book.|
You can download it as a nicely formatted eBook (regular print size - pdf).
The BFF New Testament Bible Digital Library has all the Roman study and advanced study questions (as above) plus all of BFF's Bible resources. Details or purchase.
Scriptures typically quoted from the New American Standard Bible unless noted:
(C) Copyright The Lockman Foundation 1988