Pray BFF Letter #313
Aug 30, 2018
Lots of Preparation!
Dear Prayer Partners,
Next Wednesday (Sept 5) I leave for Singapore and Philippines. I have much to get ready while I continue my activities like teaching at church this Sunday (on Isaiah).
Much preparation, though, has been completed. Just today I received some printed copies of The Life Core (300 pp) of our new translations into Cebuano - a southern Filipino language. I had to convert about 30 pictures into their language (the translator supplied the translation).
Pray for us step by step—4 steps altogether on this trip.
Step #1 in Singapore (Sept 7-9): meeting up with Singapore families who have further questions about being good parents. They have already, as a group, gone through our Chinese parenting book. (I also have numerous other personal meetings.)
Step #2 in Davao (Sept 11-13), Philippines: Holding a seminar on Moral Purity for pastors and Christian leaders.
Step #3 in Bacolod (Sept 14-16), Philippines: Training younger leaders in a church on how to meditate on God's Word. I got the assignment late, so busy working on these (8?) messages and exercises.
Step #4 in Manila (Sept 17-18), Philippines: Special meeting with key leaders on a strategy for building up the church in the Philippines with BFF resources.
- The Life Core in Cebuano is now in paperback in time to bring.
- Final plans are almost done.
- Been able to work on the new website some.
- Kathryn's new job at a florist near our church is doing well.
Please pray for:
- I leave Wed, Sept 5th for Singapore and Southern Philippines. Prayer for safety, grace, and good health is much needed. Adjustment to preaching in the heat.
- Still preparing a number of messages needed for the Philippines.
- We still need about $2,400 for this trip.
- BFF funding is low this year (about 55%).
- Teaching Isaiah this Sunday.
- Keep prayer for Linda (her birthday today) and the family. Daniel, Isaac, and Rebekah will have started school/college by next week.
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President, Author, and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone/text: (+1) 412*398*4559 (Mobile)
3276 Bainton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA
BFF Facebook: www.facebook.com/Biblical-Foundations-for-Freedom-BFF-209924859048429/
Paul’s Twitter: @PaulJBucknell
- Visit our Square account: mkt.com/bucknell where you can use your credit card to order or make a donation. BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and able to offer tax deductible receipts for contributions in the United States. All orders go to BFF.
- Please note 'STM' if for the mission trip or 'Love' for the Love Fund.