1. A People with the Lord's Joy (3:14)
2. A People with the Lord's Security (3:15-17)
3. A People with the Lord's Vision (3:18-20)
Bible Study Questions
This asterisk means that the question seeks for your opinions and thoughts.
The answer is notdirectly found in the scripture passage as the other questions.
C) Gladly Gathering (Zephaniah 3:14-20)
Being Motivated to Do His Work .
1) Explain the different usages and contexts of the word 'gather'
2) Write down the two verses where it says that God is in their midst?
List at least two direct results of Him living in their presence?
3) What do the NT scriptures say about God living in the midst of His people?
Do we sometimes see the same results as above when His people know God is in their midst?
Does God's presence affect us in the same way? Why or why not?
4 As you read through verses 3:14-20, list the NT teachings that are possibly referred to.
5 For advanced study, you can study the OT word 'assemble' and 'gather' and the NT word 'church.' What does the Greek word for 'church' mean? Ek-klesia (we can see this Greek word in the English Ecclesiology - study of the church.) Trace this theme throughout the Bible.
Zephaniah Summary Application Question
6 God used Zephaniahs message to revive His people under King Josiahs leadership. If there was no revival, judgment was going to come right away. Was it worth it to have a revival if judgment would still come later (II Kings 23:24-37)? If this was a message for today, what would you want for you and your family? What changes would you need to instantly make so that you could maybe be part of it. Re-examine verses 2:1-3. Memorize them.
Next page ->