1. By exposing his plan for Judah's neighbors (Zephaniah 2:4-11a)
Israel and the church:
a prophetic problem.
Many discussions have centered around the place of Israel in the New Testament times. Although we see God has not forgotten them nor His purpose for them, we also see they are swallowed up in the promises of the Abrahamic covenant along together with the Gentiles to the point all believers can say together, "We are the children of God."
2. By exposing His plan for the Major Powers (Zephaniah 2:12-15)
3. By exposing His plan for God's People (Zephaniah 3:1-13)
a. Reason for Gods Judgment on Judah:
b. Purpose of Gods Judgment on Judah:
Purging & Saving (9-13)
Bible Study Questions
B.Willingly Gathering (Zephaniah 2:4-3:13)
1) How will God's judgment upon the nations affect His own people (2:7,9)? Write the key verses down.
2) List the nations mentioned. What judgments has God given to them (2:4-15).
3) Who is God addressing in chapter 3:1-13? How do you know? Read carefully .
4) What is God's overall purpose for judging His people (3:9)?
5) Review the judgments for the godless nations (2:4-2:15)? Is there any hope for them?
6 Many people today do not think that the judgment between Christians and non-believers will be that great. How does this section help dispel this idea? What do you believe about the lostness of those who have not heard of Christ?
Next page ->