Free Bible Study Questions
Old Testament - OT &
New Testament - NT
Paul J. Bucknell
love our Bible studies. They have depth, quality, application and perhaps best of all, the ones here are free to use, edit and copy.
This web page is an attempt to make BFF's many Bible study questions more available. There are many Bible studies on the Biblical Foundations for Freedom (BFF) website, but we are just beginning to list them in one place. So join us and pass the good news on. Get the OT & NT Digital Libraries for all our studies, some them shaped into full books: Jonah, Romans, 1 Peter, and now Ephesians!
Bible study rss feed. Automatically let's you know when we add a new Bible study to the website! We will add new Bible studies as well include updated ones that are presently on the website.
Bible studies that focus on what the passage states!
Bible study questions for in-depth Biblical reflection!
Bible study questions that lead to life transformation!
Bible study questions free to use, edit and share!
Bible study questions that often have companion commentary and notes.
Great for small groups!
Our Bible study questions are not a one set fits all type of study. This is because no good Bible study can simply follow the questions provided.
We provide more questions and even advanced questions to reach different groups and purposes as the Holy Spirit leads. Feel free, personally or as a leader, to select and modify the questions to reach the goals of what the Holy Spirit is trying to do in that study.
Old Testament Bible Studies
Our Old Testament Library includes many more Bible studies along with books, powerpoint slides and hundreds of articles making the scriptures come alive.
- Free Bible study questions for 1 Samuel 9-10 provides a great setting to further understand the calling of God. Do you understand God's calling or simply confused about it? We will first look at God’s call in 1 Samuel 9 and then God’s confirmation of this call in 1 Samuel 10.
- Free Bible study questions for 1 Samuel 8 provides great insight into why God’s people end up living in a less than ideal situation. They make a compromise thinking that they will gain what another promises them.
- Free Bible study questions for 1 Samuel 15 which gives us great insight to how our sinful heart works and why we should not allow even small compromises into our lives.
- Free Bible study questions for Isaiah 40:1-5. Understanding the Heart of Discipleship has 3 sections of Bible Study Questions for each study: Isaiah 40:1-2, 40:3-4, 40:5
- Free Basic Bible study questions for Jonah 1:1-6 which speak about Jonah's decision to run away from God and His mission.
- Free Basic Bible study questions for Jonah 1:7-17 give us a special viewpoint in the way God works with those in disobedience to Him.
New Testament Bible Studies
Our New Testament Library includes many more Bible studies including several books like Romans, Ephesians, 1 Peter, 2 Peter study booklets.
Bible Study Questions
Bible study questions on Matthew 11:28-30 help us understand what it means to follow Jesus. Jesus calls people to “Come to Me.” We sometimes think it means to have religious sentiments but clearly this is Jesus’ prime meaning. Read more....
Bible Study Questions
This Christmas Bible study highlights the features of hope and light built into Christmas. Read more....
Bible Study Questions
A study that helps us expose the inability of religion to save and observations on how to expose this falacious thought. Read more....
Jesus’ Priestly Prayer from John 17:1-26 includes an analysis of the first of six prayer requests, John 17:1-8, made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which reveals God's eternal plan behind and Christ's, His Son, commitment to complete it. Includes Bible study questions. Read more…
- Unite God's People from John 17:9-12 is the second of six requests made during Jesus'lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which has us focus on the unity or oneness of God's people with Bible study questions. Read more…
- Protect His Disciples (John 17:13-15) is the third of six requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which shows us how much the evil one is pursing God's people and why we need to seek more of God's protection. WIth Bible study questions. Read more…
- Sanctify God’s People John 17:16-19 is the fourth of six prayer requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which shows the importance God's Word has in building up God's people to live as one people under Him. Includes Bible study questions. Read more…
- Unite the Church for a Testimony from John 17:20-23 is the fifth of six prayer requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which shows the importance of the church's unity to the planting, evangelism or building up the church of God. Includes Bible study questions. Read more…
- Share His Glory with His People from John 17:24-26 is the last of six prayer requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which both summarizes what has been said but also shows the glory that He purposes to share with His people forever in eternity. Includes Bible study questions. Read more…
Bible Study Questions for Romans 2:1-11 helps show how everyone will be justly prosecuted according to their works. See how this principle interoperates with being rewarded for good and evil that one does. Read more…
Bible Study Questions for Romans 2:12-29 helps you talk to those religious and self-righteous ones who do not feel any special need for the gospel.
- Bible Study Questions for 1 Corinthians 15:9-10 challenges us to reflect on our accomplishments in a proper and realistic way, giving full acknowledgment to God for His work and yet realizing our part in His awesome work in us.
- Personal Bible study questions for 2 Timothy 1:8-11 to help us know how Timothy is different from us and yet there are many similarities in the way God equips...Read more…
- Bible Study Questions for 2 Timothy 2:8-13 not only show the importance of knowing the right things and having the correct faith but transferring that faith into the life of practice and commitment. Read more…
In 1 Peter 4:1-11 Peter highlights three steps to live a godly life. Here are Bible study questions that help us explore them. Read more…
In this Bible study of James 5:13-20 we many key thoughts are addressed. The topic of healing mentioned above is only one such topic. There are others such as the place prayer takes in our life, a prayer of faith, how righteousness and prayer are linked up, and restoring the lost. Read more…
Ephesians 2:1-3 Bible Study Questions reveal God's amazing grace by showing how depraved those were that are now saved.
Bible Study Questions on Ephesians 2:8-10 is the last of four sections of The Bible Teacher's Commentary based on "Extraordinary Purpose" from Ephesians 2:8-10.
Ephesians 2:19-22 Bible Study Questions on Four Special Descriptions of the Church.
Ephesians 6:10-13 ~ A challenging look into the sources of apathy and lukewarmness as well as solutions.
Ephesians 6:18-24 ~ The Place of Prayer in a Believer’s Life on "What you Really Believe about Prayer" which discusses seven key points of prayer relevant to the believer's life.
Colossians 1:28-29 Bible Study Questions : Gaining Maturity in Christ: Our ideas of everything seem to modern and up-to-date except our understanding of the importance of Christ and what the church should be diligently busy about.
2 Peter Bible Study Questions: 2 Peter 1:1-4 God's Mighty Weapons is the first part, including an introduction, of a larger series on 2 Peter, Deciding on a Life of Godliness, include basic questions, advanced questions and application questions.
Stepping Ahead based on 2 Peter 1:5-11 is the second of five Bible studies on the Book of 2 Peter which challenge us and even show us how to live godly lives in a dark and ungodly age, includes basic questions, advanced questions and application questions.
2 Peter 1:12-21 Remembering the Truth is part 3 of 5 from a larger series on 2 Peter, Deciding on a Life of Godlines and include basic questions, advanced questions and application questions.
2 Peter 2:1-22 The Ways of the Ungodly is part 4 of 5 from a larger series on 2 Peter, Deciding on a Life of Godlines, include basic questions, advanced questions and application questions.
2 Peter 3:1-18 Living Godly Lives in the Last Days is the last part of a larger series on 2 Peter, Deciding on a Life of Godlines, include basic questions, advanced questions and application questions.
Each of the following meditations, quotes and questions are directly derived from Hebrews 11:6. These quotes help expand our understanding on how rich and deep God’s Word is as well as challenge us in one or more areas of our lives, in this case how fearful to drift from God and how awesome it is to pursue and find God.
The Book of Jude:Bible Study Questions provides a short set of Bible study questions for the short Book of Jude in The Bible Teacher's Commentary series.
Do check out our huge stash of Old and New Testament biblical resources including many rich bible studies. They can be downloaded or purchased on Libraries. All our biblical books, studies, videos, audios, powerpoints, handouts, articles are on them. Click->Take a look!