Video Podcast on Missions
Ultimate Love, Extreme Missions
Paul J. Bucknell
Ultimate Love, Extreme Missions Video - Click below to play
Passwords are requested on some videos. Purchasing the NT Library will provide that password.
Purpose of video
In this video podcast you will see God's glorious mission plan for His people, seen in the marriage covenant in Ephesians 5:31-32, reveals the glorious mission of God and how those plans can be trusted and joined in not only without fear but with great anticipation!
"FOR THIS CAUSE A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER, AND SHALL CLEAVE TO HIS WIFE; AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH. This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church" (Ephesians 5:31-32).
Outline and application questions for Acts 13 are below.
- What image does marriage give us of God's desired relationship with us His people?
- On what basis do we suggest that marriage is a good model to understand God's purposes?
- What reason is suggested in the message for our reluctance to share the Gospel more freely?
- Did God have to choose us to be His people? On what basis do you answer?
- What implications does the phrase saved through grace' have on our worthiness of receiving salvation through Christ?
- Think about your areas of sin and failure along with God's love for you. Allow these thoughts to touch your heart so that you are ready to trust Him for whatever He has for your life.
- List five ways a bride prepares herself for the wedding day?
- In what two ways does this passage suggest that the bride is being readied for Christ's return?
|Please note that we have several articles on Ephesians 5:31-32. This one focuses on missions and uses marriage as an illustration. Others include Biblical Concepts for A Great Marriage which focuses on principles to having a good marriage and Building a Great Marriage, chapter 2 of our book, entitled Building a Great Marriage.
The last has much more detail than this message.
Go > Read the four part series on Ultimate Love, Extreme Missions - Ephesians 5:24-32.