Pray BFF Letter #149
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009 update (below)
Dear Support Team,
Tomorrow is our 31st wedding anniversary! The sad part is that Paul has been very ill with fever and chills. (Don't worry not swine flu!) We will not be able to plan anything special for this week. Hopefully for next week.
- I was able to finish editing the marriage book, Romans (compile and create), and the discipleship booklet (assemble) and send it out in time for printing for the trip to Nigeria and Kenya. If this bug (allergy? ear infection?) had come earlier, I surely would not have been able to finish it. Rare is the day I am not writing, editing, preparing, formating for 10-12 hours (except Sunday). This past week has been so different. Hardly can walk or sit at times.
- Thank the Lord that He enabled me to preach last Sunday when not feeling well.
- Thank the Lord that the Africa STM support is coming in. Out of $6600, we need only $2,000 more.
- All the final details for the Africa mission trip (STM) have been finalized. I am often overwhelmed by the many details for traveling from country to county. I even get to stay at the African Inland Mission (AIM) Guest house. Hopefully, I can get to know and better understand the African Christian scene (and it is significantly less expensive).
- Need focused prayer! Paul is going to Texas on Friday to speak at a church retreat. Please pray for quick recovery.
- Seek God for great blessing at the May 23-25 Texas church retreat. May they catch a vision for discipleship.
- Pray that the needed $2000 budget for Africa will come in.
- God will watch over the family while Paul is traveling over this long weekend.
May 22, 2009 - Brief Update
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Thanks so much for your prayers! I want to provide a quick update. Two things.
First, I will not be going to Texas today.
Second, I have news of another $1,000 that is to come in for the African STM trip.
In Christ's Majestic Love,
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone: (412) 398-4559
3276 Bainton St.,
Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA