The Sword of the Spirit
Paul J. Bucknell
'Slice the Night'
"And take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God" (Ephesians 6:17).
The sword of God, the Word of God, is used to pierce the darkness by shining the penetrating truth of God's truth into the dark world, restoring hope and sanity.
New Testament Bible Studies
Our New Testament Library includes many more Bible studies including several books like Romans, Ephesians, 1 Peter, 2 Peter study booklets.
Bible Study Questions
Bible study questions on Matthew 11:28-30 help us understand what it means to follow Jesus. Jesus calls people to “Come to Me.” We sometimes think it means to have religious sentiments but clearly this is Jesus’ prime meaning. Read more....
Bible Study Questions
- Protect His Disciples (John 17:13-15) is the third of six requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which shows us how much the evil one is pursing God's people and why we need to seek more of God's protection. WIth Bible study questions. Read more…
- Sanctify God’s People John 17:16-19 is the fourth of six prayer requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which shows the importance God's Word has in building up God's people to live as one people under Him. Includes Bible study questions. Read more…
- Unite the Church for a Testimony from John 17:20-23 is the fifth of six prayer requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which shows the importance of the church's unity to the planting, evangelism or building up the church of God. Includes Bible study questions. Read more…
- Share His Glory with His People from John 17:24-26 is the last of six prayer requests made during Jesus' lengthy prayer at the end of the Upper Room Discourse which both summarizes what has been said but also shows the glory that He purposes to share with His people forever in eternity. Includes Bible study questions. Read more…
Bible Study Questions for Romans 2:1-11 helps show how everyone will be justly prosecuted according to their works. See how this principle interoperates with being rewarded for good and evil that one does. Read more…
Bible Study Questions for Romans 2:12-29 helps you talk to those religious and self-righteous ones who do not feel any special need for the gospel.
- Bible Study Questions for 1 Corinthians 15:9-10 challenges us to reflect on our accomplishments in a proper and realistic way, giving full acknowledgment to God for His work and yet realizing our part in His awesome work in us.
- Personal Bible study questions for 2 Timothy 1:8-11 to help us know how Timothy is different from us and yet there are many similarities in the way God equips...Read more…
- Bible Study Questions for 2 Timothy 2:8-13 not only show the importance of knowing the right things and having the correct faith but transferring that faith into the life of practice and commitment. Read more…
In 1 Peter 4:1-11 Peter highlights three steps to live a godly life. Here are Bible study questions that help us explore them. Read more…
In this Bible study of James 5:13-20 we many key thoughts are addressed. The topic of healing mentioned above is only one such topic. There are others such as the place prayer takes in our life, a prayer of faith, how righteousness and prayer are linked up, and restoring the lost. Read more…
Ephesians 2:1-3 Bible Study Questions reveal God's amazing grace by showing how depraved those were that are now saved.
Bible Study Questions on Ephesians 2:8-10 is the last of four sections of The Bible Teacher's Commentary based on "Extraordinary Purpose" from Ephesians 2:8-10.
Ephesians 2:19-22 Bible Study Questions on Four Special Descriptions of the Church.
Ephesians 6:10-13 ~ A challenging look into the sources of apathy and lukewarmness as well as solutions.
Ephesians 6:18-24 ~ The Place of Prayer in a Believer’s Life on "What you Really Believe about Prayer" which discusses seven key points of prayer relevant to the believer's life.
Colossians 1:28-29 Bible Study Questions : Gaining Maturity in Christ: Our ideas of everything seem to modern and up-to-date except our understanding of the importance of Christ and what the church should be diligently busy about.
2 Peter Bible Study Questions: 2 Peter 1:1-4 God's Mighty Weapons is the first part, including an introduction, of a larger series on 2 Peter, Deciding on a Life of Godliness, include basic questions, advanced questions and application questions.
Stepping Ahead based on 2 Peter 1:5-11 is the second of five Bible studies on the Book of 2 Peter which challenge us and even show us how to live godly lives in a dark and ungodly age, includes basic questions, advanced questions and application questions.
The Book of Jude:Bible Study Questions provides a short set of Bible study questions for the short Book of Jude in The Bible Teacher's Commentary series.
Do check out our huge stash of Old and New Testament biblical resources including many rich bible studies. They can be downloaded or purchased on Libraries. All our biblical books, studies, videos, audios, powerpoints, handouts, articles are on them. Click->Take a look!