Pray BFF Letter #263
July 20, 2015
Numbers Add Up!
Dear Prayer Partners,
Thank you so much for your faithfulness in praying for my journey to India. I returned home on the day my 10 year Indian visa expired. It is not so easy to get a visa for ministry now but I am thankful for the time that I had. Different individuals kept asking when I will return, but I told them that visas are not so easy to get and there are other places that need BFF resources in their languages. Here are some significant numbers:
- 5000+ feet above sea level (so nice and cool where I stayed)
- 41 hour journey to get home
- 33 messages translated into Hindi (Many blessings on my one weary and faithful translator)
- 5 packed days of teaching
- 4 series taught (Genesis, The Godly Man, Becoming an Overcomer, Ephesians)
- 2 other shorter surprise talks (a marriage celebration and a sermon)
- 1 book translated into Hindi
- 0 dollars needed to be raised for this trip!
A special encounter
Every time I travel I meet passionate and devoted servants of God. This time was no exception. I drop in for a short time, but they remain devoted in their persistent teaching and care for others. Though the talks were translated, they were also used as training in the English language for the new students.
One brother, Philip M., committed to helping others succeed, met up with me after traveling 24 hours one way. He has and is helping me with Hindi written translation and web improvements. I have been hoping to update the BFF website for many years, but it has been too big to do on my own. I have tried twice and given up.
His team promises to help me, not just with the website but with India’s language sections. I was especially encouraged because Philip really understood this ministry that I have been doing for the last 15 years including: translations, book distribution, commitment to revival, video, social media and understanding of web technology. Wow! God’s encouragement. Already, his team (including his wife and others) has facilitated the translation of our book, The Life Core: Discovering the Heart of Great Training, into Hindi and posted it on the web. This is no simple task, when you note the great graphics. (Looking for a server or need help with a website? Check out his business at great prices.)
My next steps
My health and sleep were much better on this trip than ever before. Last Saturday I struggled with jet lag as I typed this letter. I tell people it is as if I am in between lands. I forced myself several times to get out into the sun to pull some weeds or straighten my desk after I poured out all the receipts and stuff from my trip. Meanwhile, I have about 325 gb of data to edit and sift through to make it usable for Hindi speakers. This work can get monotonous as there are so many messages to process. Maybe one series a week? I still have our parenting video series from Taiwan to edit. Thankfully, I was able to make more headway on the editing of the Ephesians commentary.
- So thankful my health and sleep were better on this trip!
- The money needed for the trip came in!
- I connected with all flights, even though I faced two delayed flights coming home. (The alternative for one flight was to take a 12 hour taxi/bus ride!)
- God really did give me lots of stamina for this trip.
- I am excited about having met Philip, getting one book translated into Hindi, and the potential for redoing our website. This was a great extra!
- God took care of my family and ministry while away.
Join Paul on Twitter! @PaulJBucknell
- May God give me persistence and alertness to edit the Hindi audio/videos and get them online by summer’s end.
- Kathryn did not get the scholarship she hoped for. Pray for direction and provision.
- Pray for Philip and I as we try to understand the many ramifications of updating BFF’s webpages.
- Would you like to contribute towards the $2,500 needed to finish that Burmese church building (Click to see)?
- I will be preaching this Sunday (7/26) and preparing this summer for team teaching Revelation.
As always, thanks so much for your prayers!
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone/text: (+1) 412-398-4559 (Mobile)
3276 Bainton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA
BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and able to offer receipts for contributions in the United States. Address your financial support to Biblical Foundations for Freedom (or BFF). All designated funds go to the general fund, but specified gifts are allowed: STM (overseas training), Love (helping overseas pastors/ Christian leaders and families in need, Translation). Thank you for your kind giving!