Pray BFF Letter #241
Friday, March 28, 2014
He Rewards Those Who Seek Him
Dear Prayer Partners,
“Without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever draws near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him” (Heb 11:6).
Our ministry depends on the Lord. He brings about the impossible; creates light where there is darkness. Our prayers unabashedly seek His reward, knowing it overflows with His goodness and love. But we are sadly aware that evil and its corruption increases when we do not seek Him in prayer.
Each day the BFF resources send out streams of biblically-based resources over the web and through various other means. Due to the uncertain future of the web’s freedom, we are continuing to take strategic steps to distribute BFF resources around the world.
India’s 95 million Bengali
This past weekend we were delightfully surprised by a visit from the pastor/coordinator for a national group of churches in W. Bengal, India. Pastor J. visited our home and our church. Not only could he help me get through some roadblocks on the Bengali resources, but he got to share the many great needs among this huge people group that is just wakening to God’s call.
Three special outreach projects stand out. Please consider supporting this group.
(1) A training center to train new pastors and evangelists. They would be self-supporting, very different from the typical pay from outside source. They gain a skill as well as plant a church while making visits to the training center.
(2) Having been a beggar on the trains with his Dad, Pastor J. has a tender heart towards the children, many of them sniffing glue and without caring parents. Over 400 study in one of seven student centers.
(3) Outreach is at a critical junction. Pastor J. needs a one color printer to produce gospel tracts and wants to help establish evangelistic bands which would go out into new areas taking the tracts with them.
STM to Peru Coming Soon!
Kathryn and I are leaving on April 15th. This is the day American taxes are due so it will be easy to remember to pray for us! If you would like Kathryn’s prayer letter, let us know. She is raising her own financial support and is up to about 35% of $1000.
Our time will be extremely busy–mostly speaking. We are glad that everything seems to finally be in place. Starting on Wednesday, April 16th, there will be different seminars in the morning and evening. They are so eager to learn. The same church colleagues are going through the BFF marriage resources right now (we did this seminar last year and posted the videos). We heard from the pastor’s wife that the meeting place was full.
- Translations are proceeding well! There will be little time for changes once we get there, both for the handouts and power points.
- Someone asked about my back last Tuesday and I had forgotten about it! It is healed.
- Many unknowns about the trip are now worked through.
- Meeting up with Pastor J. last weekend. This helped me move forward on uploading our Bengali D2, marriage and parenting seminars. Great!
- Good response to our Reaching Beyond Mediocrity Sunday Training Class.
- Parenting class has begun! Fourth week Sunday.
Join Paul on Twitter! @PaulJBucknell
- Parenting class meets each Sunday form 2:30-4:00. Pray for the class to settle in. The time seems to welcome disruptions and tiredness.
- Two more sessions on RBM, both on depression, one on March 30th the other, April 13th.
- Pray for the right individuals to distribute BFF’s resources among God’s people around the world.
- Pastor Alberto is home but still needs rehab.
- Allison seeks God’s leading and provision(About $1000 for the semester) for graduation and beyond in graduate school for publishing. She got accepted at NYU.
- Pastor Jagannath’s time in the USA will build support for the Lord’s ministry among the Bengalis.
Thanks so much for your prayers!
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone: (+1) 412-398-4559 (Mobile)
3276 Bainton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA
Note: Give donations via your bank by going to “Pay Bills” on your online account. Just type in BFF and our address and a check will be sent for the amount you desire. No extra fees deducted, not even a stamp needed!
BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and able to offer receipts to contributions in the United States. Address your financial support to Biblical Foundations for Freedom (or BFF). All designated funds go to the general fund, but specified gifts are allowed: STM (overseas training), Love (helping overseas pastors/ Christian leaders and families in need). Thank you for your kind giving!
Support for STM (short term ministry): Donate to BFF –note STM (tax deductible). For Kathryn (make it out to her with a note (not tax-deductible.)