Pray BFF Letter #153
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Dear Support Team,
Pressing Forward With Difficulty
With difficulty the kingdom of God presses forward. I was reminded of this fact not only through the following passage that I read today, but also through the reports of those I work with.
"For we do not want you to be unaware ... of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of life" (2 Cor 1:8).
The two seminars in Nigeria and Kenya were special in that the wives of both coordinators were about to give birth. Pastor Maurice's wife actually gave birth during the second day of the seminar. I gave him opportunity to announce it at the seminar! Pastor Godstime's wife delivered a beautiful little girl 3 days ago. Unfortunately, the baby (see picture on right) died today from Cyanotic Heart disease.
Pastor J. is our coordinator for the seminars in northeast India. He also has been facing many challenges. At this point I am still planning to speak at two seminars for the Bengali people in September (our next letter should amplify this). He is responsible for overseeing many churches and schools for the poor growing under his care.
He has suffered from 'fatty liver' from the beginning of the year. Due to the poor economy his financial support from southern India was cut off. Because of sickness and busyness of ministry he had to cut out his English classes through which he received extra financial support. Now he writes that he is down with a viral fever. He hopes to marry in October!
Brothers and sisters do keep praying for Nigeria, Kenya and India, the coordinators and ourselves. They go through difficult times. Your ministry is as 2 Corinthians 1:11 says,
"You also joining in helping us through your prayers, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed upon us through the prayers of many." (2 Corinthians 1:11).
We are continually helped through your prayers. We really sense it. When I fully calculated the various expenses for the recent ministry overseas, we found we had a little over the full amount (when we added what was leftover from the previous trip). Praise God! He has abundantly been working.
God has also been working in hearts through those prayers. Here are just a few samples.
The Marriage seminar has become the order of the day; many couples are giving glory to God for such wonderful and powerful seminar. Praise God.
I believe that conference was organized because of me. As Rev. Bucknell was ministering I began to see marriage in a different perspective. My wife use to make some silly comments and at times take some decision without my knowledge and that always get me real mad. But after the teaching of Rev. Bucknell I now forgive her easily and love her the more and have learnt to always commit her in love. This conference has opened my marriage to a new chapter of bliss.
The Conference has been very good to me. The teachings are just what I needed. They are really helpful to my life and ministry. You at BFF have really helped us to grow in the presentation of the gospel with excellence and consistence. The conference and the books you gave out are helping us very much. They are helping us to interpret the Bible.
One of the pastors from a long distance said that such type of a meeting are a rare treat and this is the only opportunity where we listen to the truths being faithfully taught. The sad thing is that it was only for 3 days.
The Kingdom of God is advancing and yet with hardship. Please pray. And especially keep us in prayer as I make plans for September's trip to India.
- God through many supporters provided financially for our trip to Africa.
- Praise the Lord for the mothers who so faithfully support their husbands and give birth.
- We are so thankful to see how God mightily worked through the seminars.
- When Paul was in Africa, Linda was driving with 6 of the children when the van's brakes totally went. We praise God that it was after she got off the highway, that she could safely pull to the side of the road and that on the other side of the road was a place that fixed the front brake line!
- Paul has finished putting the Kenya seminar online (12 messages) including video podcasts online. He has also finished the shorter Romans seminar (3 messages).
- Comfort for Pastor Godstime, wife, family and fellow ministers (due to death of his daughter).
- Healing and strength for Pastor J. as he leads the Indian ministry but has hit many setbacks: financial, disease, ministry burden and hope of marriage.
- As God gives strength and provision, Paul hopes to hold two seminars in NE India where the church is growing rapidly among the largely unreached Bengali people.
- Pray for Linda whose back, hips and knee has been giving a lot of pain.
- If God burdens you, join Paul in his prayers to crush the huge casino in Pittsburgh. The city and many people have put their trust in it to provide money and hope. It is suppose to open in early August.
In Christ's Majestic Love,
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone: (+01) 412-398-4559
3276 Bainton St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA